Recent Posts :- Click to Subscribe (RSS)

Recent Posts :- Click to Subscribe (RSS)

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dont correct me when im talking, Da !!

Im bad at conversations. Especially when im explaining why im not to blame, when i am. sometimes, the angry other tends to make mistakes - grammatical or otherwise - and i always end up correcting them, only to worsen my already precarious diplomatic mission.

When on the phone with mom :

mom - "Did u look up that relative living in Indore??"
me - "no, shud i have??"
mom - "whaaaat did i tell u before leaving... blah blah .... old lady, have some consideration for others.... blah ... poor padma paati..." (tamil for grandmother, also used for old women when referenced)
me - "isnt she shanta paati ??"
mom - "* blank* yes, BUT U DONT GET MY POINT. STOP CORRECTING ME WHEN IM TALKING"

Talking to a good friend, generally :

Fr - "Ive got an admit from AIM manila !!(pronouncing it like an acronym)"
me - "i think its just A I M, not aim .. "
Fr "Dei baadu (u pimp) ... ur supposed to congratulate me, watha (id rather not translate) "

Sometimes i do it just for the fun of it :D. Something tells karma has it's sights on me...

2 comments:

Vimal said...

Nice going dude! Welcome to blogdom. Enjoyed all ur posts, especially the one on making ppts :) Really brought back memories of the campus.
And one more thing, enjoy to the max before u leave that heaven called IIM Indore!

Srivats said...

Hey Vimal!!thanks, and defy will do.

howre u these days?? get on gtalk now n then da...